LWVE Calendar Events Learn More
- Check out the LWVE calendar for information regarding events for the League of Women Voters of Evanston as well as the LWV Cook County, LWV Illinois and the LWV Lake Michigan Region.
Voting and Election Campaign Information Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? How to register to vote? ...and more.
Vote YES on Cook County November Referendum Question on Elimination of Office of Recorder of Deeds.
Local, State, and National Issues/Program for 2015-2016 Learn More
- LWVE has continuing interest in many Evanston, Illinois, and national issues: members are encouraged to support or contribute to these focus efforts.
North Shore Leagues joined together for the LWVUS study on Money in Politics, and finalized its report in December 2015. This study is an update on the LWVUS position on campaign finance that was adopted in 1974 and revised in 1982. Click to view a PDF of this important report.
This Is Evanston Learn More
Request a copy ($5) of This Is Evanston: A Guide to History, Government, Education, and Community Services
MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL TIME
The fiscal year for LWVE is July 1-June 30. Please renew or begin your membership by going to the online renewal page
or download the Membership Form
Learn More about the League of Women Voters
To learn more about the League of Women Voters and the types of activities we are involved in, please see this extremely useful reference guide
for new members.
Elected LWVE officers for 2014 - 2015 are:
||Betty Hayford & ELizabeth Kinney
|Vice President, Voter Service
||Jennifer Lee O'Neil
The League has an active presence in the Evanston community. Our organization serves the needs of the community through programs such as:
- Public meetings on current governmental issues
- Sponsorship of candidate debates
- Observing and reporting on Evanston governmental boards and commissions
- Voter registration
- Action on selected topics which the League has studied
The League serves the interests of our members, too, with networking opportunities through our monthly luncheons, a chance to be up close and personal with state and local legislators at our annual summer luncheon, getting the buzz on issues through the Intercom newsletter.
Read our organization's bylaws.
Be informed about our organization through this site. Contact us with your comments and opinions, and take action to be an informed voter.